Redway Runners are a voluntary sports club, focusing on running, registered with England Athletics also the Association of Running Clubs (ARC), Triathlon England, Bucks Sport, and Sport MK
What data we will collect
When first running with us we will collect title, first name, surname, telephone number, e-mail address, Emergency contact details and any medical information we may need to be aware of
When joining we will also collect, as well as the above: date of birth, male/female and if wish to register with England Athletics then registration number and names of any clubs already registered with, we hold this information with our suppliers system (LoveAdmin previously known as paysubsonline).
For Redway Runners courses we will collect the above data with our supplier system (Eventbrite)
Why we will collect it
Training and competition entry
- Share data with club coaches/run leads or officials to administer club activities
- Share data with medical advisors as needed
- Share data with club team managers to enter events
- Share data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events
- Share data with England Athletics to register you if requested by you
Funding and reporting purposes
- Anonymised data shared with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority
- Anonymised data analysed to monitor club trends
Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events
- Publishing of race and competition results
- Website management
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- Sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors
- Sending club newsletter and club information
- Sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising
We collect your email address when you register to receive Redway Runners newsletter email and put your first name, surname and e-mail address on the suppliers system (MailChimp). We usually send our email weekly, but on occasion we may send a “special” edition. We only send these special editions when we have something important to share and it doesn’t happen very often.
If you wish to stop receiving the Redway Runners newsletter email, you can do so at any time by selecting un-subscribe at the bottom of the mail
We may disclose the information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- If required or permitted to do so by law;
- If required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency;
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By running with the club you accept the inherent risks of providing information and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Updated 2 April 2018