Below is a list of all the club runs we have in the club – for new runners the best ones to start with are Monday evenings at 7pm or Wednesday mornings at 9.30am – see these below for more info
We have different runs for all levels, for beginners we have regular beginners 10 week free courses, details of these click here, then the Step Up runs are aimed at an easier pace and distance, they are then followed by our Social and Club runs. Many of the runs use ‘Loop Backs’ to read about these click here
To see a interactive Google map of club run locations click here
Step Up run meeting at David Lloyd barriers, about 45 minutes running time. Led by Debbie
Recovery run. About 75 minutes running time. meets a different places each week, some weeks can be off road, dogs welcome, for runners about 10 minute mile pace and quicker, Led by Jim
- 10th February, Behind Boots, High Street Newport Pagenll with Sam (use long term car park)
- 17th February Wolverton Mill. Use the free public car park in Watermill Lane MK12 5NZ with John
- 24th February Three Locks. Use the public car park opposite the pub. Leighton Road, MK17 9PG
- 2nd March Ivinghoe. Use the free National Trust Ivinghoe Beacon car park, LU7 9DJ
- 9th March Newport Pagnell. Use the long term car park behind Boots MK16 8PY
- 16th March Drayton Parslow. Use the free car park at the top of the lane (not by the entrance) at Greenacre Hall Recreation Ground, MK17 0JR
- 23rd March Wolverton Mill. Use the free car park in Watermill Lane, MK12 5NZ
- 30th March Collingtree. Park considerately in Lodge Avenue near the church, NN4 0NQ
Ramble, a 30 minutes followed by coffee, approx once a month, next one:
- 10 February. Bar Bar Black Sheep cafe, Wolcerton
Meet at Mercedes-Benz Training Centre, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, MK15 8BA, the runs will be back in time for runners wanting to do the 19:00 runs.
- Step Up run led by Glenn for runners with average 5K / parkrun time of 35-42 minutes or 10:30 to 13 minute mile pace.
- Step Up at a gentler pace run for runners with average 5K / parkrun time of 40 minutes or over or 13 minute mile pace or over.
- Social Run lead by Sally & Dom. Aimed for runners who run continuously for 45 – 55 minutes with 10:30 minute mile pace or quicker, with loop backs to keep the group together, distances vary on the loop backs covered by you! If you are at the front of step up then step outside your comfort zone with this group. Routes change weekly
- Lake run, led by Anne, this run follows set routes, you have the option of either, 2.3 miles, 3.4 miles or 4.4 miles, you run your own pace but need to run in pairs or groups, this run does not have a lead runner or a tail runner and does not do loop backs, to see the routes click here
Step Up run – Meet at Body Limits: 99 Wolverton Rd, Newport Pagnell MK16 8HX (no parking at Body Limits but plenty of parking at Station Road car park, across from the fire station) with Emma and Vikki. Step Up runs easier paced runs and over a shorter distance, they are aimed at runners with a pace of 10 minute miles and over and usually about 45 minutes but leave an hour free for prep and cool down time.
Trailfinder run, Aspley Woods car park (via Woburn Sands) MK17 8TR, Approx. 4-5 miles run off road with loop backs, leads, Simon, Janet and Jonathan. For more details click here
Step Up run from Tattenhoe Sports Pavilion (Holborn Crescent, Tattenhoe MK4 3EQ) led by Michael A. Pace around 10-12 min/mile (6 min/km) for about 40-50 minutes.
We have 2 runs meeting at Mercedes-Benz Training Centre, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, MK15 8BA
- Social run – We have a ‘social’ run with the aim of the group to be fun and chatty. The route is about 4 miles and will be with loop backs as well to keep everyone together – so many runners will get more than the 4 miles. This run will be managed by Michelle for the club and will be a ‘crack!’ team who will take it in turns to lead the runs.
The pace of this group will be faster than step up but not unattainable so for anyone doing about 10 minute miles and quicker. the group has a tail runner each week.
- Step Up group – This is led by Leigh, they do about 3+ mile route with loop backs, with a tail runner and suitable for runners who do over 10.5 minute mile pace.
Early Club run, meet at David Lloyd entrance barriers at 05:50am to leave at 06:00, pace 8:30 to 9:00 minute miles. Led by Ana Maria
Club run – Pace about 9 minute mile pace, meet at David Lloyd reception at 09.30. This is between 60 and 75 minutes. Led by Martin. Except last Tuesday of the month goes ‘On Tour’ and go at 9:45 so those coming from DL can drive over:
Intervals with Gareth S. At 9.30am meeting at David Lloyd reception and will last maximum of one hour, this is a coached session suitable for all abilities.
Step Up run. A step up run led by Terri, Leigh and Claire, that does a loop backs. The run is about 45 minutes at an easier pace from David Lloyd barriers.
Club 640 run – This group runs at 6 minute 40 second a mile pace for about 4 miles, check 640 Facebook page for start location click here starts at 18.30 Led by Paul CJ
Club 730 run – This group runs at 7 minute 30 seconds a mile pace for 4 miles (first mile 8 minutes to warm up), starts barriers at David Lloyd, unless specified via the ‘what’s on Tuesday’ post on the club Facebook page starts at 18.30. Led is Sarah L and a few others.
Note 640 or 730 runs do not have a tail runner.
Club ‘Explorer’ run – meet at different locations each week and explorer different areas of Milton Keynes. with two groups the Explorer run with pace up to 9 minute 30 second mile pace and for those over the Step Up Explorer run, both 1 hour runs, More details click here at 18.30. The group is organised by Tim Giffen who leads the Explorer runs.
Social run, but aimed at Step Up runners who would like a longer option, meeting at Wimborne Cres, Westcroft, Milton Keynes MK4 4DE (Outside library) for 11 to 14 minute mile pace, this will be on a 10k route over all terrains, as includes loop backs you can expect to cover over 10K. Led by Daria
Run-Walk-Run, Aimed at people who want to be active but without the pressure of continual running, If you are a new runner or getting back to running and want to control your fatigue and prevent exhaustion after a run, as well as increase your distance and speed, this group is perfect for you met at; Willen Park North Carpark (behind the pavilion) MK15 9JP. This group is aimed at runners who run about 12 minute miles and over, led by Jo T and Sheryl A
Early morning Club run – Meet at 05:00 at Caldecotte car park on Monellan Grove, for 9 mile route around 7-8 minute mile pace, led by Jen
Club run – All standards – meet at 09.30 prompt in David Lloyd reception, max 1 hour (we mix up runs with Interval sessions, hills or a handicap run). More info click here Led by Martin
Early evening runs – Meet at 18:00 at entrance barriers to David Lloyd, both the Step Up and Social runs are for 40 to 45 minutes, with;
- Gentle Step up, this is a 3 to 4.5K route with loop backs aimed at those completing 5k in 40 mins or more, this run will be led by Lisa C
- Step Up run – led by Laura and Glenn, pace no quicker than 11 minute miles
- Social run – led by Neil and Paul pace for those quicker than 11 minute mile
At Tattenhoe Sports Pavilion (Holborn Crescent, Tattenhoe MK4 3EQ) at 18:00 we have:
- Step Up run – led by Karen C, pace no quicker than 10 min/mile (6 min/km) for about 40-50 minutes and once done a coffee or a cold beverage from the fully licensed bar. last Wednesday of each month it will run a joint step-up & social called ‘Social-Up!’. Runners have the choice of running add on segments to increase distance.
- Social run – led by Kevin T, pace quicker than 10 min/mile (6 min/km) for about 40-50 minutes and once done a coffee or a cold beverage from the fully licensed bar.
Track Night – We have track evenings at Stantonbury Track, managed by Kevin, meet at 18:15. For more on Track click here (Weekly until 25 March 2020, then first Wednesday in every month to September 2020 and weekly from 7 October 2020 to 23 December 2020)
Step Up run meeting at Woughton Leisure Centre reception, Rainbow Drive, Chaffron Way, MK6 5EJ for a 45 minutes run, quickest speed 10 minute miles led by Kevin S
Step Up run meeting at entrance barriers to David Lloyd, About 40-45 minutes running time. Led by Alex, Daria and Kathryn
The club run tailored towards runners that run 10 minute mile pace and quicker. This group meet outside Decathlon Store (Central Car Park, Patriot Dr, Rooksley MK13 8PU) The run operates with loops backs and a tail runner (when possible) to ensure safety and inclusivity. Led by Jeremy and Andrew
06:30 STARTS 30 JANUARY 2020
Social run – led by David B, pace around 9.5 to 10 minute mile for a 5 or 6 mile run, meet at 1 Vantage Court, Newport Pagnell, Bucks MK16 9EZ – bi worldwide car park (next to BP) Park around the back, in a biw designated space in order to not affect the front entrance or staff arriving early. Parking is at your own risk and all cars must promptly leave the car park at the end of the run.
Step Up run A step up run led by Debbie that does a loop back run about 45 minutes and an easier pace from David Lloyd barriers.
At 18.00 we have several runs meeting at the barriers to David Lloyd.
- Step Up run meeting at David Lloyd barriers, about 45 minutes running time. Led by Matthew S
- Social run meeting at David Lloyd barriers, about 45 minutes running time. Led by Dom / Steve B
- Intervals led by Annette More info click here
At 19.00 we have several runs meeting at the barriers to David Lloyd.
- Step Up to 10K Group that go a bit longer than the Monday night group with a 4 mile route, pace no quicker than 9.30 minutes per mile, also at 19:00.
- Intervals, suitable for all
- Paced run, a 50 minute run that will aim for 8 minute 30 seconds a mile pace and will be over a 5 mile route with no loop backs, led by Paul CJ
Step Up run meeting at entrance barriers to David Lloyd, About 40-45 minutes running time. Led by Wayne W
Club run 10 miles, pace between 8 and 9 minute miles, meet David Lloyd reception at 09.30. Led by Martin
A fortnightly Gentle Step Up run from different locations, that would work for runners with buggies who are looking to get out in the afternoon who want an easy run that’s buggy friendly. Pace will be for 12 minutes 30 seconds a mile and over, and stay for a coffee afterwards, Led by Rachel R
- 14 Feb – Woolstones, The Barge
- 28 Feb – Willen Lake, lakeside pub
- 13 March – Howe park woods cafe
- 27 March – Loughton, The Grumpy Cook cafe
- 10 April – Woolstones, The Barge
- 8 May – Willen Lake, lakeside pub
- 22 May – Stonepit fields
Social run & drink, Starting either, Caldecotte lake pub, Furzton lake pub or Westcroft centre, Nut and Squirrel pub, after each run join them in the pub for a drink, at the end of each run will choose the location and type of run (i.e. social run, hill session, trails) for the following week, you need to be able to run for one hour. To check the session and start location go the Friday eve Facebook page, click here. Led by Chris J and Alistair D
Gentle Step up, starting at the barriers to David Lloyd this will be aimed at runners over 14 minute miles, the route will be about 4k to 5k and will have loop backs to keep everyone together, this run will be led by Lottey and Debs M
parkrun – 5k. Meet at parkrun start about 08:50 (run starts at 09:00) – all standards – free event. You must register on the parkrun website before attending and bring your barcode with you. You can register your club as ‘Redway Runners’ even if you have not joined as it is a free event, for more click here
Trailfinder Run – Redway Runners host fortnightly Trail runs in the summer (monthly in the winter). These meet up at 10:00 at various venues around the Milton Keynes area. The “standard” run covers anywhere between 5-6 miles in the hour. The Step-Up run typically covers 4-5 miles over the hour. Speed is no barrier if you can do the distance off road and don’t mind a bit of mud. For more details click here
Longer club social runs, mostly with 60 or 90 minute option, from January to May, they are marathon training runs. At 09:00, see the Sunday Runs page for more details. click here
Step Up run A step up run that does a loop back run about 45 minutes (with option to do an additional 30 minutes at the end) all at an easier pace, maximum pace 11 minute miles at 09:00 more info click here.
Notes on Weekly runs table
Wednesday 9.30 session alternates between a general run and an interval (strength/Stamina training) type session
Correct at 25 February 2019
What happens at the club runs?
All our groups a very slightly different but what normally happens is the runners gather from about 10 minutes before and may do warm ups, the run leader for the session should be there and will pass round a piece of paper for runners to write down their names so we can keep a record of numbers, we also ask that new runners complete a short form which includes an e-mail address so that we can add to our weekly mail with information about what is going on in the club.
New runners should say hi to the run leader, hopefully they will spot you anyway.
The run leader will take any paperwork that needs to be given to the club and when ready will give a briefing with any club notices or information about the run.
Then the run will take place. Do speak to the run leader if you have any problems or concerns.
At the end of the run there should be the opportunity to give feedback or comment and talk to other runners. If you have any issues do speak to the run leader or use contact us above.
Remember to do your cool down stretches.
Please read the runners guidelines below as well.
Guidelines for runners on club runs:
Obey the instructions of the run leader
All runners should come to the run having completed warm up and undertake cool downs after the run
If you have an injury or any medical issues, please make it known to the run leader before the session starts
We would prefer you not to wear headphones/MP3 players
Please do not run more than two abreast on busy roads, redways, pavements, or multi-use trails and keep left. The goal is to share the redways/roads/trails, not hog them – be friendly with all others you see – it is easy to say morning/ evening
On designated route runs please stick to the route
Ensure you have a suitable drink to take with you or for when you return
Be mindful of your language and conversation content. Adult conversation does happen on group runs, but it should not go so far as to create an uncomfortable atmosphere for the group
All runners should wear appropriate clothing, i.e. reflective clothing/accessories and consider running with a head torch if running in the dark or if it will get dark during the run
During runs we will do our best to look after you, if you have any issues, we will help you as much as reasonably possible. If you leave a run then please inform the run leader and you will then be responsible for yourself
If running with a dog it must always be comfortable running with a group and kept under control at all times. You are responsible for your dog
We do not allow unaccompanied runners under 16 on our runs. If a person under 16 runs with us then someone must run who has parental control and that person must check with the run lead, they are happy for the person under 16 to take part
If running with a buggy you may wish to check with the run leader to the suitability of the terrain, session prior to the session
Those runners who do not follow these guidelines will not be allowed to run with the group