As we take our first steps in getting the club back and running again we are introducing some changes to club runs and how they operate.
Redway Runners will do everything to minimise any risks but, it should be understood that you take part in the run at your own risk.
Current maximum on club run, including run leads/helpers is 6
The key changes are
- To take part in a run in the club you will need to make a booking to attend a run and they are only available to paid Redway Runners members
- You will need to maintain Social Distancing at the start, during and after the run
- You will have to agree to the guidelines below to attend
If you are happy to accept these guidelines then to book a place log in to your Redway Runners Love Admin account click here, select ‘Events’ and book a place.
Please be considerate of other members and you can book up to 2 runs in the club a week, but it will be first come first served for bookings, we are not operating a waiting list (the software does not allow it) the ‘Event’ will give a general area for the run, you will get confirmation of the exact start location in the confirmation email – this is to avoid people turning up without booking.
Please remember the club is organised by volunteers for you and what we do reflects on yourself, the club the running community and Milton Keynes
This is a new process and a different way of working for us and we will adapt as we go long, of course if things do not go as we hope then we may have to cancel all runs and take a different direction
Redway Runners Guidelines for attending a run in the club:
- You will follow all Government recommendation, click here
- Only if you have a booking confirmation can you attend a Redway Runners club run
- Only paid members for 2020/2021 can book a place on a club run (sorry no trial runs at the moment)
- You will always maintain social distancing including before, during and at the end of the run
- You will not attend if you have any COVID symptoms (see cancelling a place)
- You will not attend if you have been instructed not to attend for any reason including sheilding, have tested positive for COVID or have been told to self isolate
- You will not touch anything where reasonably possible
- You will not pass anything to other runners or ask anyone to hold anything for you (including the run lead), ie keys, water
- You must wash your hands before the run and after the run – you must bringing hand sanitiser
- No pushchair (this counts as an extra person)
- You will not bring anyone else with you who has not booked, the run leads are instructed to turn both them and you away
- No Under 16s
- You will not share the start location before the run in any circumstances
- No spitting during the session
- If you cannot make the session then email the club at: email@example.com
- If you do not make a run we will keep a tally and might revoke your ability to book future runs
- If the club must cancel a run then we will email as soon as we can, but it is safety first so may have to cancel at short notice
- You will only book up to two places on runs in the club a week
- If you break these guidelines then we can withdraw your ability to book runs
The club will monitor the situation and hopefully as progress the rules can be relaxed with your help and support
V1 – 30 May 2020