We all know 2020 has been a strange year, so we thought it might be useful to re-cap where we are with Redway Runners, this would normally see a busy time for the club with a January surge.
About Redway Runners
Redway Runners started on the 1 January 2011 and has four principles with being fun, social, value for money and for the benefit of runners
Since we started the club has grown to possibly one of the biggest running clubs in the world, at one time having 3,600 members but 2020 has meant we have not had as many people starting running or joining the club so currently still at an amazing 2,700 members
The club is all run and managed by volunteers, no one receives any financial reward, we all just do it for the satisfaction of sharing the passion we have for running
Interested in the club
The best way to find out more, is to register your email address with us, we will then send you a welcome mail with lots of general information about the club then you will get the club weekly newsletter mailed to you – usually Thursday early afternoon, register at:
We are accepting new members to the club and membership is just £5 and that is to 31 March 2022 (so great value as 15 months).
Joining is all completed on-line and straightforward, you do have when joining, the option to add England Athletics (EA) affiliation as well, it is optional. You will find a link on the page below to find out more about what EA adds, but for just running with the club then £5 membership is fine
To join go to:
Runs in the club
Currently under tier 4 we are not holding any runs, when we are allowed we expect the following:
To make sure we are following our governing bodies guidelines, like England Athletics, we have limited numbers on our runs, therefore they have to be for members of the club
These runs must be booked, via your Redway Runners Love Admin account, that is created when joining, you just sign in and go to the events tab, all the runs are listed.
You can find out more about this at:
This is not the full programme that we used to offer and will depend on runs that the run leads in the club are happy to offer
The types of runs we have (this is just a rough guide, more details on each run are provided before booking):
- Run-Walk-Run – this group do run and walking, it does tend to be at an easier pace
- Step Up runs/Gentle Step Up runs – these are easier paced runs and tend to be a shorter distance , usually about 45 minutes
- Social / Club runs – these tend to be a quicker pace than the step up runs and can be for varying lengths, so check when booking
- Paced groups – we do have runs that use a set route and you run that route at a set pace, so you need to know the route or comfortable finding your way back
- Other runs – we do have other runs and these will be described in the events list
All these runs have a run lead that looks after the run, the run lead will brief before the run then manage the run, the run description will outline more about the run, if it is intended to be on redways and paths, or maybe off road.
As restrictions are eased we hope to put on more runs and add more types of runs again as well, like the track sessions and bring back some of our programmes like Move Up to Marathon, Zero to Hero and Need for Speed in the future
We are hoping to re-start our beginner’s groups in January 2021, with 12 courses, normally this would provide up to about 500 places, but this time it will be about 140 due to restrictions, if you are new to running or not run for some time and interested in finding out more and joining one of these then go to:
We do have an under 18’s group in the club, led for us by Doug, like the club runs they are limited in numbers, they are aimed at youngsters aged 10 to 16 (over 16’s can join club runs)
For more info on these groups go to:
We have two types of club kit:
- Standard Kit – this is always available, on the club website and it takes about 3 weeks to arrive once ordered, it is exceptionally good value and you can have your name included on club tops, once ordered it is posted direct to you. We have an extensive range of items from club tops to hoodies and jackets and much more.
- Performance Kit – this is supplied to us by New Balance and we have several times a year that this kit can be ordered
More information at:
In 2021 we hope that Redway Runners events and races can return, like, Beat the Barge, Old Money run, Furzton Relay, as well as our special runs like Treasure hunts and themed runs, as we have details we will let everyone know
We hope to do Daytona events twice in 2021 as we know we can hold that in a COVID safe and fun way. MK24, our 24 hour run is planned to go ahead on 19 June 2021 and open for entries already, more on all our events at:
Want to find out more
Lots more information is available on our website and Facebook page, or for more you can mail us at email@example.com
It you are interested in more on the history of Redway Runners then we even have a book you can purchase, find out more at:
Redway Runners – We run Milton Keynes
28 December 2020