Each year at the club AGM, Redway Runners holds a vote for members to decide the club ‘Charity of the Year’.
From 1 April 2019, a new rule was added stating that a ‘Charity of the Year’ cannot be nominated or elected Charity of the Year again for the following three years. This rule came into effect for the 2020/2021 vote.
- Paid Redway Runners members will be asked for charity nominations through the weekly mail and Facebook page, in advance of the AGM.
- Nominations must be sent to the club secretary in writing.
- Nominations will close five working days before the AGM.
- The nomination should include the charity number and some information about the charity
- At the AGM the list of charities and the details provided will be reviewed, and the person who nominated the charity, can say a few words about the charity if they wish.
- The secretary will organise a vote and announce the result.
- Only registered charities are eligible for nomination – a registered charity number must be provided at the time of nomination.
- Only paid Redway Runner members can nominate charities and vote at the AGM.
- A charity can be nominated each year.
Club Charities of the Year
2013 – Social Eyes
2014 – Willen Hospice
2015 – National Deaf Society
2016 – Bravery Boxes
2017 – Hemophilia Society
2018 – MK Hospital Cancer Services
2019 – Henry Allen Trust
2020 – Emily’s Star
2021 – MK Act
2022 – MK Act (due to COVID)
2023 – Willen Hospice
2024 – The Thames Valley Air Ambulance