Club Trip – The Hague
March 13, 2023
by Martin Lawrence
Frontpage Article, Headlines, News Specials
The first club trip of 2023 was over to The Hague in Holland
For Saturday, what an amazing turnout of Redway Runners at the Zuiderpark parkrun – Den Haag soo many turned up. It was a sea of green, turns out the results showed 53 Redway runners finished, see main photo.
With the farmers protest and the earlier snow and ice we were pleased it took place on a three lap route.
Well done to Caroline on her 500th parkrun, was great to see Karen C who travelled up from her new home in Germany, Len and Helen did there Need for Speed session.
We also met up with a big group from Cardiff the Les Croupier running club, for more on the parkrun results see below. Well done all.
Sunday was the City Pier City races with the 10K at 12 and the Half Marathon at 2.30pm.
Well organised events taking in many of the canals of the City and the half going down to the sea front
Below the 5K and 10K group photos
Below the Half Marathon group photos
- Debbie picking up the beer mat award for completing 50 half marathons,
- Loads of Kathy’s, Sam, Martin and Rob for the (not) Z running,
- Bernie for oldest runner,
- Karen, Juliet and John for Heinz 57 for the time for 10k then the
- TLC award went to Les Cropier running club in Cardiff who invited us along for a great night.
- Not there to receive the awards was William for coming first in the 69th parkrun at Zuiderpark or
- Caroline for completing her 500th parkrun.
Next Club overseas trip is to Gdansk in Poland for the Saturday parkrun and Sunday races.