As we come to the end of another year for Redway Runners has it been a wasted year for the club, some people might think it has been a write off, but actually a lot has been going on through a difficult year and with a time to reflect on 2020/2021 you will feel we have still managed to achieve much.
- Club runs even though for most of the year we have been in lockdown and any club runs we could operate we only had a maximum of 12 attending we still managed to hold 383 club runs with over 3,000 runners on those runs.
- We held two new events with Daytona, both operating in a COVID secure environment
- A new range of ‘Performance’ club kit was launched
- Behind the scenes the club website had a re-design and we changed a provider of the payment collection
- Many challenges have been offered to members, the Handicap run had a make over, the Lockdown 5K, Self Isolation event, Bingo run, 5 Lakes Virtual challenge, Strava Art competition
- We held some virtual events with medals for MK24, Daytona and Run4Luv all offering virtual medals
- We launched and have permanently available a virtual beginner’s course available
- May not have been able to meet up for socials, but a series of Saturday night quizzes in lockdown and a Christmas special proved popular as well as a special Redway Runners Got Talent night.
- Club won ‘Team of the Year’ award
- The publication of the Redway Runners first book marking 10 years of the club
Through most of the year we had various forms of Lockdown but the club year started in April 2020 and of course that means the formalities of the previous year have to be completed so the accounts need to be audited and we held the AGM for the first time by Zoom, this also is the time to select the club charity of the year (which is MKAct for 2020/2021
April also saw another big change behind the scenes as we changed our collection provider with Love Admin to London and Zurich (was Go Cardless) this change saved the club (you) significant additional costs
During the month Lockdown continued and we had ‘Results Base virtual challenge’, ‘Daily Challenges’, ‘FitMK virtual session’, ‘Redway Runners Got Talent’, ‘Podcast runs’, ‘MK Running map’ all for members to take part in
We started planning a re-start for the club with a live run leads presentation of our ideas and plans, again behind the scenes a lot of work was done to set up process, systems and procedures
MK24 Virtual run experience launched
We held a Green litter pick week
Club runs re-started with bookings, social distancing and a 6 max limit
Move payment collection from Go Cardless to London and Zurich
AGM by Zoom meeting
MK Act voted as club charity of the year
We paid Emily’s Star £7,455 (+£1,200 matched) our club charity of the year for 2019/2020
First Performance kit launched with New Balance
New Redway Runners group set up on RunGo app for routes
Website, analytics added, security, and updates applied to redwayrunners.com
Increase groups to 12 on runs
Redway Runners Under 18s re-start
Discount with Sports Shoes established for members
Non renewals made non-active with the club
Virtual 5 Lakes Challenge takes place
London marathon cancelled to 2021 -club coach booking moved
Launch Daytona 5000
Our first Daytona 5000 event takes place meeting all the COVID requirements – 172 take part, Mayor visits
Bingo charity challenge launched
Beginners refresher sessions take place and graduation completed
Move up to Marathon group complete
New Balance first order arrives
Web site re-design and re-fresh
London Marathon virtual 58 Redway Runners take part
Under 18s return to track
Open Daytona 2 for entries, with 2-hour, sprint and Fun run added
Second Performance kit sales window
Second Lockdown – runs cancelled and Daytona delayed
Redway Runners win MK Inspiration award – Team of the Year
Raffle tickets sold on-line
Daytona Virtual added to the event
Club runs resumed 2 December
Redway Runners, First Ten years book goes on sale
December Redway Runners Advent Calendar on Facebook
Club remembers Mike Webber
Second Daytona event takes place – with Daytona 2 (hours), Sprint and Fun run added, also green Santa
Food Bank collection with MKFM at Daytona
Mayor runs Daytona – 119 take part
MK into tier 3 then tier 4, club runs stop, 19 December.
Christmas raffle online, with draw part of quiz (raised £1,200)
Review of the Year movie premiered
New Year’s Eve quiz with Glenn and Laura
Redway Runners – 10 years birthday
Book arrives and distributed.
Virtual beginners’ group launched.
Launch Virtual Run4Luv
Un-collected club kit reviewed and mailed all with contact details – some distributed.
James Bond week
Bonus Ball for MK Marathon places
Love Admin review of Admins and data declaration agreements put in place
Strava Art challenge
Redway Runners – Beat the Clock Handicap run 49 enter
Club Garmin Challenges set up.
Run4Luv Virtual event takes place
Club remembers Ian Davey
Bedford Auto-drome book draw
London Marathon ballot for possible club places
Bonus ball for MK Marathon places
Second Redway Runners – Beat the Clock Handicap run
Roadmap for club restarting
MK24 merchandise launched.
Key dates page added to club website.
Performance kit on sale